Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanks To All The Vets

As we launch our website, and a whole new chapter in my career, I just wanted to take a moment to thank all our brave service personnel who make it possible for me to enjoy such freedom.

The thing that strikes me the most is that each and every one I've known or met signs up of their own free will to serve their country, be wounded for it, and too often, to die for it.

Two things happened to me this summer to drive the point home. We visited Arlington National Cemetery. If you haven't done so, put it on your list. The other was to watch a large group of Air Force Reserve recruits sworn in before a big league baseball game crowd. They were all just kids...mere high schoolers...acne and all. God bless them, for we know not how many will be taking that one way trip to Arlington some day themselves.

I long ago ceased using the word 'hero' in reference to athletes... since 9/11 in fact. Above are just a few more of the reasons.

Again, thank you vets.