Monday, July 4, 2011

A Tribute to the Troops...Happy July 4th!

It was my honor and pleasure today to partake in Fox Sports South's 'Tribute to the Troops' at Turner Field in Atlanta. What a thrill!

The network, in conjunction with the Atlanta Braves welcomed more than 70 servicemen and women to the ballpark along with their families. But, this wasn't just a show and tell kind of deal. These brave warriors had just returned from their posts in the middle east 15 days ago, and will soon be taking the 14 hour flight back to stand in harm's way once again for you and me. It was great to treat the troops to a little red carpet treatment, a good meal, and to a ball game before heading back into the fray.

I cherish every hand I shook, every smile I encountered, and every family member I met. I cannot imagine the turmoil they are returning to, but I know my family and I could not not do what we do if these brave souls didn't do what THEY do.

Thank you, and Happy Independence Day!