Sunday, January 23, 2011

Best Day of the Football Season

I love Championship Sunday in the NFL because it's the last of the REAL NFL action. The Superbowl is more of an event, and I love it. But, for good, old fashioned, smash mouth play, today is the ultimate. Hence, my picks.

I like the Bears over the Packers for the NFC crown. Aaron Rogers is growing into a star quarterback, but I think the Bears defense will be too quick for him, and can cover those big Green Bay receivers. If Kyle Orton can play within himself, the Monsters of the Midway can book their flight to Dallas.

In the AFC, give me the Steelers over the Jets despite the fine post season play of Mark Sanchez who's proven unflappable in playoff road games. I like the way Pittsburgh came back from two touchdowns in the hole to out slug Baltimore last week. I think Mike Tomlin's crew will continue to ride the wave. Rex Ryan has backed up all his big talk so far, but I think after winning at New England, The Jets may feel they've already played their title game.

So, the Bears and the Steelers in the Superbowl with the nod going to Chicago. And, I'm always right about these things...unless I'm wrong.